Hello. I got the same problem. I think valve fu*** up this with the Passing Update (DLC).
Now, in the game folder you got "2 games".
A) Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2
B) Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2_dlc1 <--- They added this on the DLC Update.
If you want HLDJ to load when you open the game, you should select the "B" path as the game path in the settings of HLDJ. If you press the key binded to play the songs, the voice chatter icon will pop up on top of your nickname (like when you talk through mic), but nothing will be played. If you look at the console you can see the list of songs you've got. If you try to load one, apparently it will load, but as soon as you press the key to play it, it shows: Current: (none). And nothing is played. On advanced settings, you can indicate the game audio directory, which is on the "A" Path (Checked as stated on this thread).
For the record, not sure if that's related.
Unknown command "hldjsf"
Unknown command "voice_fadeouttime"
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/hldj_cmd_a.cfg
HLDJ successfully loaded!
Before the update, everything worked fine with the "A" path. But now, if you want HLDJ to load when you open the game, you need to change the game path to the "B", and you will get what i stated above.
For me, i got this:
1) Does HLDJ launch the game correctly for you? Yes with "B" path. No with "A" Path.
2) Does "HLDJ Loaded Successfully" appear in console on starting the game (with no errors)? Yes with "B". Nothing with "A"
3) What is the console output after selecting a song, or issuing other HLDJ commands such as "hldj_next"?]
Current: (none) Next: 03Benny Hill Show
1. .\ 2. ..\
3. 03Benny Hill Show
] 3 <--- I load the song 3.
Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/hldj_cmd_g.cfg
Loaded : 03Benny Hill Show
4) After loading one of the sample audio files, perform a search of your Steam directory (without stopping HLDJ) for the file "voice_input.wav" - does it show up, and if so, where? Can't find the file voice_input. But HLDJ still working on L4D1.
5) Does voice normally work for you? If not, or you do not have a mic, have you remembered to set up any applicable options in your OS and/or the game? Voice working perfect as before.
I'll appreciate if you can help me out to sort the problem. Thanks in advance. If you need me to test something, tell me.